Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Battle Bear Tillman

forumTillman_poses.jpgI have been learning 3D art for about year and a half now so there's still a lot of practice and things I have to learn but I was wondering if you guys could take a look at this and give me some critiques. I have just recently gotten comfortable doing high rez meshes and getting normal maps from them so this is me trying to expand my horizons. So please let me know how I am doing.

This character is based off a game called Battle Bears from a small company in Omaha. This characters name is Tillman.

Tri count is 2300 and includes a diffuse map, normal map, AO map, and a Spec map.
Modeled in Max, Rendered in Marmoset

Thank you

Tillman_wire.jpg
Tillman_poses.jpgforumTillman_poses.jpgforumTillman_poses.jpga%3E

Replies

• haikai
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    haikai polycounter lvl 8
    Next time I'd rethink the poly distribution. 2300 tris, but it looks like you only spent a few hundred on the bear part himself. I thought maybe it was because of the design, but his body doesn't seem that boxy in the art I looked up. The model looks pretty clean from what I can see though.

You could probably spice things up with some hints of color in the model. It's very grey and sterile at the moment. Maybe an emissive map for the glowing parts would be an easy way to make it more interesting too.