Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Help on CrazyBump and Marmoset Toolbag for Portfolio

admin
Offline / Send Message
System admin
Hey guys,

I'm trying to get adjusted to the Marmoset Toolbag and the CrazyBump. I've used CrazyBump a couple of times, but I'm not quite sure if I'm using it properly. I'm slowly touching up on my portfolio site and used the Marmoset and CrazyBump tool on two of my pieces.

Here's the two pieces.
FokkerDR1_Render.png
AircoDH2_Render.png

I'm open for any feedback on my models or how I should present them, or advice on using CrazyBump and the Marmoset Toolbag.

Thanks
www.garcellano.com

Replies

• Xenobond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xenobond polycounter lvl 18
    Your settings in Crazybump could use a lot of work.
    Turn down any 'shape recognition' to 0 for starters.
    Turn all the detail sliders to 0 and start from the smallest and work your way back up till you find something that works more to your liking.

Also, Crazybump is only as good as the source material you feed it. I'd suggest taking out any baked in lighting before copying it over to CB.
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should also make your nationality insignia single shapes at most. A Flat Cross or circle if you want to have the detail of the logo being raised above the fabric of the plane a touch.

Beyond that, your renders aren't really selling any kind of specularity and only a little of your normal detail. You need to go back and rework your spec maps, and definetely do the process that Xenobond laid out to getting better normals.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Thanks guys for the feedback. Yes, I do have some baked lighting in the texture. I'll touch up on the textures to CB and the detail sliders.