Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

Looking for Concept Artists

logo.png

Hello,

UDK Learning University is a Community/School dedicated to teaching Game design through UDK and making an actual game in the process. Not only are our students learning game design, 3d modeling, texturing, and level design. They are learning how to communicate and work as a team. And to work with every teammates strengths and weaknesses.

At ULU, have a School Portal set up where the classes are held in a online college fashion. The classes are timed, and a project is due after each class where it is graded. We are in the process of making Video tutorials for each class as we move along. And for the classes that we do not have our own, we are using others tuts until we create our own. This will not be for long.

We are nearing the game phase of the school now. Where the Concept are and models will need to be made as fast as they can. The coders will start coding the first classes of the uscript Nov 6th. The modelers have already started on the present day map models. Like the weapons and props.

That is why we need a couple of good fast concept artist to join the team. This is a non paid gig. But, can and most likely lead to a paid gig later as we continue with making more games and starting another group through the school. The pay will most likely be bases on performance, so it will not be much. But I know how the Big game companies have totally screwed the actual creators of games, and I am not about to even think of cheating anyone that has helped with ULU.

You are asking, "Well, what do I get out of all this hard work?". TO start, you get your name on an actual released game through Steam, and maybe iOS later, and XBL if it is good enough. You will be able to list ULU as a reference and in your job history. You will also be able to use any of the art you create for the game in you portfolio along with the models and levels that correspond with them. And a big chance at actually fulfilling your dream of making a game. This game will be release in July of next year, that you can bank on.

What we need from you. A link to an online portfolio. Also, daily communication and updates with the team and myself will be required. Also a very active and healthy imagination. One that will inspire our 3d modelers to create what you imagined. To add you will need a objective personality. We here are all either people that have tried for years to get into the gaming industry, or just got started. So a negative attitude is not an option for us to have on the team.

If you are interested, please PM me here or at udklearning.com. We also have a TS3 server that I am usually on. Let me know if you wanna talk there.

Thank you,

Lee Coates
AKA ArchieVision
President/Dean @ ULU

Replies