Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

alien modeling

prisius
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
prisius polycounter lvl 5
Hello, I am currently working on a model and I wish to have your opinion and your comment.

If you see something eventually improve, thank you in advance.

sorry for my bad English.

facenr.jpg

backtorso.jpg

torsoh.jpg

handp.jpg

hand2h.jpg

perspectivegt.jpg

retopo.jpg

Replies

• Tadao215
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tadao215 polycounter lvl 13
    I think some of the muscles need more refining
  • Ravanna
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    as nerdy as it sounds, some things to perhaps bare in mind when design/building an alien.

Design its planet/environment 1st. In your head if u must, but what did this sentient biped evolve from? How strong was the gravity? If u have a catalogue of new scientists behind you like a true nerd ;), you'll have plenty to go on. If u want it to look a certain way in the end, think logically how evolution would allow it to look like that. Evolving in a tree can produce limbs/tentacles, those will change form when it moves from alien forests to perhaps caves, the sea, etc.

And always use the basics of human anatomy to build upon, as odd as it sounds, even the most alien of forms must be humanised somewhat to help us recognise it as a lifeform that can be interacted with.

Your creature does seem to use human anatomy, but looks more like a running animal.

Just some ideas to consider.

I like it so far :)
  • Di$array
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    Yeah i agree with Tadao215. I'd also take another look at the hip area. The muscle groups just isn't reading well. I'd also shorten the torso while you are at it. But good job so far. It just needs a few weaks here and there and a bit of polish.
  • prisius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    prisius polycounter lvl 5
    thank you for all of the above. I saw something that bothered me but you have cleared up a bit and it's nice of you. I'll just correct it.

Thank you again.