Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Sci Mall

Hey folks, just starting to put together a Sci-fi scene and thought I'd try and get some feedback. It's meant to be a public space, sort of an in-between area where people might be walking through to get to other areas of a larger building/cityscape. Basically a mall area, but it will have signs of just being deserted, due to some buildings being bombed nearby which can be seen in the distance through windows in the ceiling.

Here are some screenshots of my block out thus far:

2j1YA.png
JTlMv.png
BT8x1.png

I'm trying to focus on some solid tileable texturing (seems to be a commmon theme around here lately) since I have yet to do very efficient environment texturing in my work.

I'm still looking to add/modify a few parts, but this is the overall space I'm planning on making. The ceiling will be made up of glass panes to add to the lighting and to display the scene outside of the mall area.

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding what to do with the area under the arches; I added the indentation, but don't really have a function in mind for it and the stairs that lead to it don't line up with the stairs leading to the second floor, making for a bit of an awkward layout.

Thoughts? I'll be working on this for a while, would love any input.

Replies