Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Resident Evil Hunter Zbrush

magyareagle
polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
magyareagle polycounter lvl 18
A Hunter BOW (Bio Organic Weapon) from Resident Evil

This is a project that I've been wanting to do since I first started working in 3d almost 7 years ago. At the time I was playing the Resident Evil Code Veronica and these creatures caught my imagination. For some reason I've always loved the design of the creature.

I modeled a rough basemesh in Cinema 4D and then sculpted it in Zbrush. I then unwrapped and polypainted it in Zbrush before reimporting it into Cinema 4d for materials and rendering.

CrazyBump
proved instrumental in making the various channel maps, including specular and diffusion/dirt. I cannot exaggerate how highly I recommend that program.

The pedestal was created and Textured in Cinema 4D, and final post work was done in Photoshop.

To quote the Resident Evil Wiki

"Hunters are bipedal reptilian-like creatures with large claws and teeth, and are noted for their loud shriek. They are actually B.O.W.s (Bio-Organic Weapons) designed by the Umbrella Corporation by combining a fertilized human ovum with reptilian (or in the case of the 'Gamma' model, amphibian) DNA and then implanting the t-virus into the resulting creature. "