Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Airship

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Geexile polycounter lvl 8
Hello PolyCounters :)
So i`m working on my new pieces for portfolio.
Comments,critiques and suggestions are welcomed....actually i count on that :).
Here is one of my personal projects,game model named Airship.Screen-shots with two different lighting directions.

Light1_Screen1.jpg

Light1_Screen2.jpg

Light1_Screen3.jpg

Light2_Screen1.jpg

Light2_Screen2.jpg

Replies

• jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    I think it looks good for the most part, but the scale seems really thrown off by the wood. I could be wrong, but I am guessing this is supposed to be really big. And by the size of the wood grain, it looks almost miniature. Although I could be wrong :)
  • dii
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dii
    Interesting deisgn, actually looks remarkably like a pistol to me.

Materials aren't reading very well, like Jordan said the scale of the wood is really off. Your metal looks a lot like stone/concrete to me, especially the cockpit thing. I also think you could really use sine AO cause it looks like you don't have any ambient shadows at all.

Should post your texture maps too, cause it looks like you have some haloing in your net that is probably caused by having no padding.
  • Alex3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alex3d polycounter lvl 9
    Agree with what was said above, post your texture map. It looks cool and very pistoly :P The reason that the wood part seems weird is not only because of scale, but also because it appears to be made from a single piece of wood. Sequoia trees can be huge of course, but not that huge... Break it into planks and small parts, all the little detail will help you create more interest(and fix the scale)
  • Geexile
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geexile polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks for the tips guys.
    Here is new shot.Ill be happy to see new tips and comments.
    screenshot6.jpg
  • cdevens
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cdevens polycounter lvl 7
    Geexile: I would suggest breaking up the wood area into noticeable planks or smaller chunks. Right now it looks like this is carved out of one giant piece of wood and that is making it difficult to understand the scale of this.
  • ranger_park
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love your concept. really good color scheme too. Can you post up a shot of what the front looks like? Im assuming its some sort of cannon and im curious as to how it looks.