Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Female Topology

Hi,
I'm new, just testing the forum looking to post some
renders of studies.
facetopologya02.jpg
facetopologya01.jpg
I have been doing a study on female topology, and have not found a lot of reference. These renders are of topology I have been working on in a study capacity. The first is 928 faces in the face area. the second is 1090. It also has some extra loops around the brow and eye. The topology in the first is unique and I think would animate ok, but not achieve as good results as the other in shading. Any crits and comments welcome.
overall, it is a topology configuration I am happy with and I think is very versatile.

I have also seen in many games really bad texture stretching around the eyelids whenever the eyes are closed, so I am trying modeling sculpting and texturing with eyes closed to get a proper amount of detail there.

Replies

• Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    4 posts? get the others deleted and merge them in one post, you can post images in the forum by puting the link with the little landscape icon on the post edit menus.
  • Exut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I tried1 really!
  • Cap Hotkill
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cap Hotkill polycounter lvl 13
    Theres a Edit button under each post, in green, just copy everything into the main post and then write Delete post on the repetead posts so when a moderator comes around he can delete them.
  • Tenchi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    In Photobucket if you hover over your image's icon you'll get a popup, if you just click on the IMG code box it will copy the link. Then paste it in your forum post...

The topology looks good to me, the polygons could be more generic though, there's a few skinny rectangle polys that may cause issues ^^
  • Exut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey thanks for the tip about the IMG code Tenchi! That is great.
    Cap Hotkill, k I killed all the garbage posts. I'm not good with forums, so thanks for the advice
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Theres alot of resolution around the nose area, but I can see why you've done that. The second looks quite good, but why have you put a split in geometry at the top? For easier UV unwrapping?
  • Exut
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ah ya. That split is a UV seam. I had mapped the rest of the body, and wanted to do work just on the face, so I detached that as a separate object, cause I wanted to use the peel tools, and when I use the peel tools on one chunk of UVWs it messes up the rest of my UVWs for some reason. The seam is visible since I put a turbo smooth on the face, which I should have removed before taking the pic and posting. As for the nose, ya that could be lower for the low poly mesh, but i was mostly going for something that had a solid quad structure and would give me good detail in detailed places for sculpting. I still have to do some sculpting to see if it works. Thanks for asking, SCB