Project AR3 needs an additional 3D artist

Krypt0n
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Krypt0n polycounter lvl 11
Hi,

to not waste your time, everything is separated into individual points:

what we create:
The big scope is a si-fi first person shooter.
Our short time goal is to finish the first level, as a sample for the publisher, that showed interest in our game, to put us into a good position when signing a deal.
Long time goal is to create a 3d shooter for a particular device, that is sold by the publisher we are in touch. We will have an exclusive game, with graphics comparable to console shooters and an enjoyable gameplay.

Who we mainly seek:
One skilled artist, who is able to create 3D characters, props, guns... with wisely used diffuse, normal maps... by creating high detail 3d object and cast it to a low poly model. We need this special workflow, drawing heightmaps etc. has a high probability to conflict with the optimizations we have in our tech to get it all run on phones.

Additional:
If someone from another area is interested in this project, feel also free to contact me.

who we are:
We are two friendly guys, one artist and one coder (me). I've written the whole technology from scratch by myself (engine, game, editor), with eye-candy effects you've probably not even seen on consoles. This is our spare time project, we work for game companies, but this project is completely unrelated to our work and we do it mainly for the sake of having fun.

Compensation:
As we aim for having fun, you have a lot of creative freedom. (actually, we look even for someone who is creative, not relying on tasks defined into every detail).
In worst case you'll have something for your portfolio (and as you have all the rights, you can sell it, of course) and a demo game with your work, we just ask for the right to show it to the publisher, it's all yours for the first goal.
In best case, we finish an awesome game, sell it in co-operation with the publisher and you get your share.
(BUT we won't sign anything with upfront payment and strict milestones etc. as this is spare time work, we cannot make worse work for our employers or sacrifice the enjoyable part of it for money).

What we've done so far:
we worked on quite some projects together in our spare time, like a PSP game that was sadly canceled, as the publisher decided it won't sell due to warez, after they hired/paid quite a big team for it. we created individually and also together games for various platforms e.g. iOS. We both work for (different) game's companies, together we have like 15 games shipped I guess, but again, this is our spare time project for the sake of fun. Just like some previous ones were:

some eye candy of my spare time projects I posted publically, so you know what you can expect:
http://www.gamedev.net/page/community/iotd/index.html/_/realistic-realtime-car-rendering-r85
http://www.gamedev.net/page/community/iotd/index.html/_/realistic-realtime-car-rendering-r113
http://twitpic.com/photos/michael_hpp

please reply via PM here

thank you for reading!

Replies