Home Unreal Engine

No mesh visible

Hey,

I ran into a problem in the june UDK version that I never experimented with older version.

When I play my level that i made with the ''Start this level on PC'' button, it works but i only see BSP's. All my static meshes are not showing, but they cast shadows. I don't get it.

Anybody know what to do to fix it. Because even if i try with a new BLANK map , i create a simple box or plane in 3ds max, export/import into UDK , add a player start, build my stuff... play this level on pc, its all black... if i add BSP i can see my bsp.

If i save my map into the UDK game folder. Its not working either.

I never had this problem in older version.:shifty:

Thanks

Replies

• letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    here are some screenshot of my problem in the June/July version of UDK that i never had before in older version.

This is when i play my level with the ''play this level on pc'' button or when i save my map in the UDK engine folder.

bugdz.jpg

and this is when i play from here with the right click button. I see my static mesh. Samething in the viewport.

bug2nw.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
  • Adam L. Gray
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hmm, the only time this happened to me, with the static meshes being invisible, is when I haven't saved the package and then play the level.

Also, do they have materials on them? could be the 'play this level on pc' automatically removes meshes without materials? *shrugs*

Cheers
  • letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thank for answering.

I tried applying material to it. Doesnt change anything. Plus like i say, if I do the same small setup in older version it works fine.

Just tried the september version aswell and it is still not working...not showing I should say...
  • Camikaze
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    When you say you're saving the map in the UDK engine folder, do you mean in InstallationDirectory/Engine? You should keep all your maps and game content in InstallationDirectory/UDKGame/Content. It looks here like the map cannot find the packages associated with it.
  • letronrael
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Temporarly fixed my problem by renaming my package the exact same name as my .udk save file.

now my jump pads wont link with my pathnode...... god thats not my day.

Anyone else having the jump pad problem?