• Computron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron polycounter lvl 7
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    It seems that the chest area is not carrying the movement from the legs to the head, both of which have a lot of movement. The same applies to the hind legs, the motion just seems to stop at the hip (?) joint
  • Sparkwire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sparkwire polycounter lvl 9
  • SnaFuBAR
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you could manage to update your posts. matter of fact, why don't you just use one thread for these animations you're working on instead of making a new one every time you update. also doesn't look like you used any critique you got from the last thread, but without the videos being in the same thread, it's kind of hard to compare!

tip: study animal movement before you animate. none of your animations look like you referenced the real thing.
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Umar6419 polycounter lvl 7
    SnaFuBAR wrote: »
    you could manage to update your posts. matter of fact, why don't you just use one thread for these animations you're working on instead of making a new one every time you update. also doesn't look like you used any critique you got from the last thread, but without the videos being in the same thread, it's kind of hard to compare!

tip: study animal movement before you animate. none of your animations look like you referenced the real thing.

I can see how much non- Cooperative you are,, Doesn't matter.. its in your blood.....
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    Umar6419 wrote: »
    I can see how much non- Cooperative you are,, Doesn't matter.. its in your blood.....
    Belias, is that you?
  • Ravenok
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ravenok polycounter lvl 7
    Better than the last attempt, but not yet good enough. Download the GIF that was posted in this thread, work closely to that. Notice how the horse's body doesn't wobble like yours does, it merely streches a LITTLE BIT when the legs are going wide. The back side goes up and down very slightly while the chest area almost stays entirely in place like a statue.
  • sirenblue
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Feels like it's being held at the butt and forced to run on a treadmill. And its head motion's in reverse.

Try it. It doesn't feel relaxing (per se) to nod like that while running.

And ditto on Blaken's post.

(casual comment: the preview frame for the video looks like the horse's on noclip :poly122: )
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    If you just look at the front legs you'll notice that it looks really really weird. You'd expect it to look weird but then you look at the .gif and notice that no, it's not that weird on that one. Good work so far though! :) You're making progress!
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belias, is that you?

Hey thank You so much, Your Response is really Simple and GOod, i got it but next time really i am going to use some reference to do it better.....and i will keep these things in mind :poly124:
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey thankS to All of you FOr such great feedback, about repost, i am really sorry but i posted it myself.the old thread i ruined it..In that time i changed 3 video links and deleted them, I tried to delete the whole thread but i think their's no way to do this..
    SO i reposted to keep the old thread disappeared from the main page.. :D
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Computron wrote: »
    115398.gif

i like this creature :poly121:
  • Wonkey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wonkey polycounter lvl 10
    Please, use much, much, much, much, much more referance. Get your creature into key poses, then work on the betweens.
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wonkey wrote: »
    Please, use much, much, much, much, much more referance. Get your creature into key poses, then work on the betweens.

I dont know but once a good animator suggested me to not use reference, thats why i use reference stuff ocasionally.. And some people also call this rotoscoping,,And you also know when some call your animation rotoscoping how it feels like ...... :poly142:
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    I dont know but once a good animator suggested me to not use reference, thats why i use reference stuff ocasionally.. And some people also call this rotoscoping,,And you also know when some call your animation rotoscoping how it feels like ...... :poly142:

WTF? Ok then dude, do it your way, but then don't expect to get sensible feedback anymore here...
  • gilesruscoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Rotoscoping is generally tweaking footage frame by frame to make it easier to add in CG elements, or to remove unwanted things for a scene. Animating a character using reference is definately not considered rotoscoping..
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I dont know but once a good animator suggested me to not use reference

No, that did not happen.
  • MiAlx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MiAlx polycounter lvl 10
    Umar.. Like I already told you in your previous thread: Always use reference! To clarify what I mean by "use reference" is the following:

Looking at videos of the movement you want to animate. By doing this you can observe the subtleties of the exciting thing called locomotion! :D
    You can see how hips move, how feet move, how heads bob or not, how the weight is balanced and shifted. How fast, how often etc.

I ALWAYS try to find and use references for my animations at work or wherever.

It is very unlikely that a person who told you that watching references is rotoscoping and suggested you not to use them is a good animator.

I know some animators in different studios and they either shoot their own videos of the movements they are about to animate or they search the net for videos.

My animation tutor at the university I study at (he has many years of experience in animation), was also constantly telling us to use refernces.

Animation Mentor (one of the biggest online animation schools out there) is practically telling their students, everyday, for about 4 weeks in, to use them dam references.

I hope you understand that you are posting in a forum, where amongst others, many skilled, talented and professional artists gather, to help beginners or display their own skills, talk about what they know etc.

So if five people in Polycount tell you (probably more, if you count your other thread) that you need to use references, then i guess its about time to start using references. Its healthy to occasionally weight the received feedback, but what you are doing is basically denying their (and my) feedback and telling them (and me) to get the f*** out

This is what i wrote to you in your other thread:

http://www.polycount.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1418906&postcount=3

You said that I helped you and that you'd post your progress, but apparently you went another way there as well.

Let people help you, don't push them away.

It's something that's gonna come back like a boomerang, if you keep ignoring peoples attempts to help you.

EDIT:

I am not trying to offend you by any means, Umar. I'm just trying to show you, what i see as, the way towards improvement in animation AND in receiving feedback.
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul wrote: »
    WTF? Ok then dude, do it your way, but then don't expect to get sensible feedback anymore here...

Don't fuss... i already posted that next time i am going to use reference.. the comment you replied me was the reason of not using reference.. why are you releasing personal anger on polycount forums OMg ..try to remain Polite..:poly117:
  • Umar6419
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    No, that did not happen.

what did not happened ?
  • DerDude
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DerDude polycounter lvl 10
    I would say, before you can invent, you need to copy. That doesnt mean that that is the goal - copying - , but reference is really important in animaiton. Also that doesnt mean that you copy animation exact, because thats boring, you should look carefull at reference for timing, intent, ideas, poses etc. I try to create something more interesting, which a reference can´t do, exaggerate pose more for example. I also can imagine that you had a hard time to get good poses, because the rig looks very limiting. Also take a look at the anatomy, how the shoulder move, how does the head relate to the spine, etc :)

edit:
    Sorry, i should talk about the animaiton. First look how stable the horse hip and shoulder (spine) is, it´s the same at humans. The faster the run is, the less time bodymasses had to move, the more stable they are. Then you look at sprinters you discover the same phenomenon. Horses tend to dive into with the head/neck to get things running

edit2:
    It also looke like you got no shoulder joints, whichs looks a bit odd, especially for posing, because so much is happening in the shoulders. The footspeps feel a bit, off. But without skipping frames it´s a bit hard to tell. Also heads tend to be very stable, i would guess from evolution. When the head is moving to much the creature/person get dizzy, you had a bit much movement in the head area. Dragons got the same pattern with the head-movement, the dive into with the head first within the movement