Home Unreal Engine

can't paint in the distance

polycounter lvl 16
Offline / Send Message
Anty polycounter lvl 16
Hello, I'm using UDK for making a scene, and I have a problem when using Terrain Editor. When I'm using the Paint Tool, it works only for a short range, what should I do to make it work the same no matter the distance? ... without having to zoom in and out for every part that I have to sculpt

Replies

• Oniram
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 17
    are you using the older UDK with terrain? or the newer landscape mode.

if its terrain then it may be due to the distance scale for the LODing of the mesh. perhaps if you change the TesselationDistanceScale it may make things easier for you.

also on a side note. i had an issue once doing meshpaint where i got the same issue, turned out it was a graphics card issue. make sure your drivers are up to date.
  • Anty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anty polycounter lvl 16
    I am using the old terrain editor, I tryed to modify the TesselationDistanceScale and Tesselation Check Distance and its working now, but only for the flatten areas, for the mountains it does not worked but I figgured why. The LightMassImportance Volume box was the problem, it was not covering the top of the mountains that I sculpted, now I rased the top of the box and it works. thanks for help