Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Persian Pillar Environment

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
salacious_Crumb polycounter lvl 11
I need some help. I've made this scene loosely based on a Persian Temple. I was following tutorials given to me by Escape Studios, but have arrived at my own style (eg. it wont be completely the same as other peoples). You can see the references that I was given below. I'm guessing they were thinking a Prince of persia theme.

The problem is the scene looks quite bland and boring. I need some ideas of what I can do with it to improve it (and wether I should improve it). Here is what I originally did:

ScreenShot00001.jpg
ScreenShot00003.jpg
ScreenShot00002.jpg
Reference.jpg
Bowl.jpg

I have looked through hundreds of pictures of Persian pillars. Maybe there are too many ideas, and some don't fit the modular pieces I have. I would to use the pieces I have made to create an interesting scene, add a few pieces, but I don't want to spend too long on this, I want to start new projects!
Heres one new idea I had. A Persian Bath scene. Concept art is from Prince of Persia I think.

POP_02.png
A quick, dirty, render in maya, just to show the layout i have so far.

poptt-environment-05.jpg
Concept art. POP.
Turkishbathinter97-015-008.jpg
princeofpersia_041403_02_640w.jpg
center-courtyard-pool.jpg

Does this Prince of Persia style environment look better/more interesting than the the original environment? I want to add more props to the bath house, hanging lamps, plants, rugs to give some other colours.
Is it worth doing this? Going over old work is usually a bad thing, but as I have these modular pieces, I would still like to show them on my portfolio, I just feel they are not being shown off to their best at the moment. I want to do something with the pieces, but not spend to. long doing, so I can get down to making new things.
Does that make sense?

Replies