Home Artists Looking For Work

Leatharian Studios looking for and 3D Artists

Hey all people who are looking at this thread, I was informed that I need to place this post in the requests forum, so I have here: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89141. The reason I have done this is because this job opportunity is unpaid for a while and as such should not be in a forum where people are looking for paid work. I am sorry for any inconvenience cause as I am still new to this community.

Wake Up Call's indiedb page is: http://www.indiedb.com/games/wake-up-call and there is significantly more on there than on here.

Hi all, I am the CEO of Leatharian Studios, a small team of 6 developers, including me, and we have been at work on our most recent project for almost a month now, but we 3d artists/texture artists to push forward faster.

The Game Background:
The game is called Wake Up Call, and it is a first person action game with an emphasis on two things: combat and puzzles. The game is a single player game set 200-300 years in the future, after a massive, deadly plague killed most of humanity. You play a GI who was injured in battle before the plague and who has been restored by new advancements in robotic parts. Thus, his insides are about half robotic, mostly supporting the beaten regular organs, and this makes him the perfect candidate for humanity's survival plan. When there was no hope in stopping the plague, the government of the Americas (the two continents had combined into one country lead by the US) decided they were going to do one last attempt to survive: they locked 500 people up and froze them in a sealed cryogenics facility outside of "The City." There was one other part to the plan; however, you. You were chosen, because of your robotic nature, to carry the power source required to start up the cryogenics facility after the plague was gone. To do this, you were stored in a separate pod far away from the main facility and set to open one hundred years after the plague (~150 years in the future compared to 2011). However, that is not what happened, and if you want to know more, stay tuned because I will soon be making a page on indiedb for us, or if you are interested in the position I will divulge more to you.

The Studio:
Leatharian Studios is a new, up and coming studio that is based on the rapid prototyping development formula. Basically, as soon as we start up our website and indiedb page, we will start constantly updating it and release new stuff on a consistent schedule. This is paired with public tests and ways to give feedback, and actually see your changes, that is right the community changes, in the game. This way we can start gaining a community that is able to shape our games and make them into massive community-funded projects. This plan will also allow for people to donate or pre order really early to support our team and development schedule. We also plan on finding seed funding (~$1000-50000) later along the road to further development at a later stage. For a good example of a game that follows this formula, look at Interstellar Marines.

The Position:
We are looking for 3d artists (character or environment) who have a portfolio with work relevant to their current skill level and showing significant quality. We are not looking for beginners, we are looking for people with at least 1 year of experience in 3d modeling/texturing (artists who apply as a modeler will have significant weight to their application if they can texture as well or even animate). If you think you have the skills and you are interested in the game, apply by following the instructions at the bottom of the page.

Finally, I would like to reiterate on something that may not be completely clear, for the time being till probably Christmas or so, this project will be close to completely unfunded.

Thanks, and do not hesitate to email me here: millan@leatharianstudios.com

Replies