Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Environment concepts - 2d

Here are a few environments, thanks for viewing.

fruit.jpg

sewer.jpg

desert_city.jpg

foggy_docks.jpg

-Levi

Replies

• nathy130
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beautiful. May I ask which method(s) you used to create these?
  • Two Listen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Looks nice, gets your point across. My main crit would be to plan your piece's perspective/scale a little bit more as there's some noticeable perspective issues, particularly in the bottom two paintings.

Now I say that, I actually am terrible with perspective myself, it just...looks off to the eye.

Also might reconsider how you're portraying your depth consistently in an image. That bottom one for example, it's very weird how the building on the righthand side is blurrier and more faded looking than the dirigible and building far behind it.

And the second to last one is where I most notice some scaling issues, those ladders look to be the sort of normal sized ladders you'd expect someone to use to repair a lightbulb or to get on the roof of their one story home, but the buildings around it look like they're meant to be quite large, some of them almost like the ruins of skyscrapers.

That being said I think you've used really nice colors and your work has a consistent quality. Keep at it.