Home› 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArenaNet Environment ArtTest - Mjolnir_Zero's Entry

polycounter lvl 14
Offline / Send Message
Mjolnir_Zero polycounter lvl 14
Hey guys, just now getting some stuff worthy of posting. Deadline is coming up and I'll be making my last edits to this piece tonight as well as presentation. (Speaking of which... anyone who can link me to some solid presentations that would be appropriate to what ArenaNet wants to see would be much appreciated! I'm looking at you Stoofoo... lol)

So hears the details on what's still to come:

-Flowers and Grass

-Reconstruction of the whole base/foundation piece (current is only placeholder)

-Signage (yes I know they're blank lol)

-General texture cleanup

-More decals to break tiling on walls and roof

6163022878_1bb5ac7c62_b.jpg
6163022820_14a110127d_b.jpg
6163022758_85ab41b7b5_b.jpg

This list should keep me plenty busy... Any C&C is welcome and would be greatly appreciated :) The current Tri count which needs a bit of optimizing is 2929

It is my intention that this would be placed in a city and not in a forest which is why I will not be mossing and vining it up. Hope everyone likes it so far.

Replies

• Next
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Next polycounter lvl 12
    i like the roof texture gives a nice feel to it, but i dont like the connection thingy (however this is called)to the wall it looks strange imo maybe tweak it or remove it completely.... i think it maybe should have a corner of 90 degrees in the middle so that it connects roof and wall evenly?
    anyways keep goin!
  • Mjolnir_Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Quickie update...

Thoughts on the updated base? Let me know...

@Next - yeah I felt that the trim was also not working right, here's a shot without.

6166608896_9233462b72_b.jpg
  • Mjolnir_Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    another update real fast... got things in UDK now but materials still could use some tweaking. Anyone with a comment on anything would be greatly appreciated since the deadline is tonight.

6167353541_b7bccace61_b.jpg
  • andybozo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    andybozo polycounter lvl 7
    Hey! Its really looking good so far! I'm really impressed. Got a few critiques please don't take them too harshly... i don't know what your limitations are for this. Anyway here goes:
    1115bv6.jpg
    e1zit.jpg

1. you should be able to move the tiles out of the way of crashing to harshly hopefully or maybe model out a few individual tiles to help.
    2. the door. If you cant afford the maps for normals or spec maybe paint in more high lights into the metal of the door or something. feels flat.
    3. this is more of a suggestion then something wrong. it might help to model out the face of one of the bricks and then duplicate it around the model just to break things up more. when in the light you'll really notice that variation.

So far looks awesome! Go for it dude! You've got the skillz!
    cratique01.jpg