Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cauldron Witch

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys! Soo, I've decided to take a stab at ZBrush. I started with zpheres and I plan to retopologize later and create a low and textures and whatnot. Here is my progress so far. I am at subdivision 2. At this point, I'm trying to nail the big forms before I move on.Please ignore the feet! D: haha. The legs will also be completely covered by the skirt, as well as much of the face/neck, etc., but I've blocked it out here anyway just for fun haha. Critique and comments are much welcome, as I have not made a character before. I love anatomy and figure drawing though, so I hope it will show through in this 3D endeavor :)

Concept by Edgar Cardona

edgarcardona.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

cauldronwitch.jpg

cauldronwitch2.jpg

cauldronwitch3.jpg

cauldronwitch4.jpg

Thanks!
Jessica

Replies

• Carl Brannstrom
    I don't know what direction you are going for but your sculpt realistic while the concept is really stylized. The arm for example is basically just a thin twig and the overall look of the character is quite sharp and pointy. Exaggerated.

Also what kind of game do you imagine this character in? Is it going to be in a FPS like Quake where she will jump around a lot? Then you might consider legs. (And cute panties!!!) Or is it going to be a NPC which only talks and move her arms and head?

Would the bottle and key be removable?

You should consider these kind of things so you wont end up with painting yourself into a corner.
  • stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    Hey Jessica. The frame of the model you have posted is not matching the forms of that concept at all. She's way too average. The concept looks super sleek and stylized. Don't go sculpting this lady until you nail that silhouette. VERY important.
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Agreed with stoofoo, the anatomy looks good if you are going for realism but for the concept its pretty far off the mark. Take a good look at the concept, draw an outline over it in PS and fill it in to get a feel for the shapes and proportions.
  • Jessica Dinh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jessica Dinh polycounter lvl 10
    Ahh, okayy. Back to sub-d 1 haha . . . thanks Xaltar, for your suggestion of studying in PS first; I will give that a shot. I think I was trying too hard to sculpt what I know about anatomy instead of what I saw.

Carl, I see this as more of an NPC character who won't be doing much jumping and stuff haha. No panties for you!!