Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Arena Net Creature Test

Just starting this. Will post as I hit some good places to. Any feedback is appreciated. I'm fairly new to ZBrush, so any tips or pointers when I get there would be helpful.

So I always start with the concept and map out how the bone structure might look. Check out some references of similar stuff. Get an idea of the thing I'm modeling.

drakeskeletalstudy.jpg

Then I built the body in max. I've been encouraged to go earlier to ZBrush, but I'm much more comfortable getting it to a good place in max before I do.

drakemaxbody.jpg

Going to add the legs next and get it into ZBrush.

Replies

• stoofoo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    stoofoo polycounter lvl 18
    This is a nice start. I do not like the bind pose for the back legs as you've drawn it, though. I am, however, a fan of the top view. Most of the models I've seen thus far have not had a nice sleek top view. Interested to see where this goes. Do work!
  • Rojo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like how you've roughed out the bone structure first. It feels like the ribcage is too wide, maybe pull it in some.
  • HOPMONSTER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Worked on this a bit today. Added the legs. Took longer than I wanted to figure out how they looked best. First it was a bit too musclebound iguana, then burly bullfrog, now i think it's closer to a happy medium between the two and the concept. Waist might be a bit too thin, but its sexier that way (in a non-beastial, strictly 3D silhouette kind of way). Currently sitting around 1700 Tri. Will get this bad boy into ZBrush soon.

withlegs.jpg