Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: William Buxton

Mostly I'm here to learn and get feedback. I've been teaching myself modeling for about a year or so now and I've gotten to the point where I can usually create something that looks like what I want it to. Along the way I've seen other artists' works and I can see that there is a whole lot more out there that I don't know. I've started a new project, the first of several, that I'll be using to learn and pick up new skills. Each one is going to be a small interactive environment the goal of which is to set a certain mood for the player.

Replies

• wbuxtonva
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The first project is titled "Better Days"

The idea is an island in the sky. The environment will be the plateaued top of a pinnacle sitting just above the cloud layer, which will act as the "water." The character got there when his plane (about the size of a b17) crashes on the pinnacle. The 'game' will take place long after he's set up a sustainable life on the pinnacle. The broken up plane is now his new home, there's a small farm set up, and he's figured out how to 'fish' creatures out of the cloud layer.

I'll be trying to do most of this myself the first time through in order to learn more things like texturing, animating, and programming. So its probably going to be a lengthy project. I look forward to posting up some of the first assets I'm creating soon.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    it looks awesome!!!