Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Arena.net Art Test WIP

Working on the Arena.net Art Test for myself and for class:

test_r13.jpg
test_r12.jpg
test_r11.jpg
test_r10.jpg

Currenty Poly count is 1408, Tri count is 2731.

Listed Cap Poly count for the project is 3000.

Environment Art Test for http://www.arena.net/blog/arenanet-class-of-2012-internship-program-now-accepting-applications

I'm still working a bit on the geometry to get some more usage out of the abundant polys that were allowed for this project and I am open to ideas on how to improve this. Polycount.com is my first cgi forum so I'm excitedsee what kind of feedback I can get!

Edit: Images fixed. Sorry about that.

Replies

• jeremiah_bigley
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jeremiah_bigley polycounter lvl 12
    There are so many of these on here that I think you are sort of shooting yourself in the foot by posting the images where we have to click to view them. You are sort of cheating yourself out of critiques because people are probably just going to go in then out.
    Might want to upload them to a site like photobucket so we can get some actual images on here.

Not much to critique yet... keep it coming.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    I've been told someone has emailed them to figure if they mean polygons or triangles. They mean triangles. I thought it was a little steep for polygons, and that confirmed it.
  • VgZimpfer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fixed the photo links and added the Tri count. Thanks for helping me with my first post, guys.
  • PatrickL
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    Looks like a solid start to me! I like how you added details on to the concept rather than just making a carbon copy too. I'm looking forward to see how you texture this bad boy.
  • VgZimpfer
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Making a small update here:

geo_re10.jpg
    geo_re11.jpg
    geo_re12.jpg

Current Tri Count: 2,997

While modeling, I got the urge to put the concepted house into a warzone where it's part of a revolutionary front. It's now adorned with flags and makeshift reinforcement, but it's being bombarded by spiked balls.

I'll be adding a decent update when I have some textures up. Currently, Unwrapping is giving me a hard time because I'm trying to figure things out with the multiple-objects-stuck-together thing. Since I'm allowed to use 2 unwraps, I'll have a little more wiggle room for error. However, I am keeping in mind to use my space wisely.

Because of my inexperience in creating textures for this model, I don't think I'll be submitting this to Arena.net . This will still be due in a week for my class nonetheless, but I should have it finished by then.

Thanks!