Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees Sculpt

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
kunglao polycounter lvl 18
Hey Guys,
Another speed sculpt.Slightly longer than my previous sculpt of Freddy Krueger about 10 hours.
Used several sub tools (Head,Mask,Straps,Teeth,Eyes).

Made the Mask in Max and imported to Zbrush for Sculpting.

Not the easiest Character to get reference for without his mask.Went with a mix of Friday the 13th Part 2 and 3

jason1h.jpg

jason2z.jpg

jason3p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Replies

• Mike Yevin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mike Yevin polycounter lvl 11
    fridaythe13th09-6-18.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4dZFq4kwg0D5a8bbOJ6B9toTMIdiLZeDN-etNXgfK8cebNYocEvYQqg7F_g

right now, your not really nailing the grotesque face that jason is hiding under his mask, gnarl him up quite a bit, he is down right disgusting. also id suggest making some more medium sized details, you have the large forms (underlying structure) and small details (texture on top of said structure) but you need something in the middle.

keep it up
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Mike.
    It was a SPEED sculpt and a being a big horror film buff since the 70's I went with the little reference i could find of Mr V based from Friday 13th pt2/3. The pics you posted I believe are from part 8.Excluding the Axe job which is from part 1.
    IMO and most people the Friday the 13th Franchise died after part 3,just like Freddy Krueger and numerous other Horror sequels they get worse with each one made.

jasonunmask.jpg
  • kunglao
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • TheWildHunt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Try searching through [url]Http://Theeffectslab.com[/url] I've been a member for many many years and seen quite a few sculptures come through that either nail the character precisely, or come with a plethora of wonderful reference.