Home Full time/Part time work

VFX artist needed (Unknown Worlds, Natural Selection 2, San Francisco)

Hey everyone,

I'm not a member here but some of our past or current team members are (Dux, Ooghijmiqtxxa, probably more). I'm hoping one of you is the VFX bad-ass we really want to hire!

We are looking for a VFX person to freelance or work in-house at our San Francisco office. We're a small team (currently 6) but we're working on an ambitious title called Natural Selection 2.

From our job listings page:

We created a popular Half-life shooter/strategy mod called Natural Selection and have been creating all our own technology and lovingly crafting the commercial sequel for a few years now. We're in beta on Steam with about 30,000 players and are patching every week or two - it's starting to get fun! We have customers and a passionate audience that cares about every change we make.

FX Artist
  • Use our cinematic editor to create all game particle FX (technical skills required). Bullet tracers, explosions, goo splashes as aliens hatch out of eggs, steam rising from vents, sparks from welders, etc.
  • Create all 2D and 3D artwork to be used for your effects.
  • Work with designers, artists and programmers to make all these elements shine. Look at the latest games and source material to bring your work to life.
  • Part-time and/or off-site possible.
  • Required: Self-starter, self-manager, solid work ethic, passionate about games and a positive, fun, can-do attitude. We have a lot of work for you and we want someone that can just go crazy without needing a lot of help.

Bonus points: Rigging, animation, graphic design and any other general art skills.

To apply, follow the instructions here. I hope to hear from you and best of luck on your search!