Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

ArenaNet Environment Art Test - Yes, another one!

Replies

• mjackson126
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm no environment guy, but I think this looks good. Good job man!
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    Urkie, Radsby, mJackson: Thanks for the comments. It's a good sign (to me) that this thread hasn't died out, yet.

@ Urkie: The rooster is a bit forced, I agree, but I had the idea and I really wanted it in there. If I can think of something else, hopefully better, I'll put it in (not in the same location of course).

Anywho, I've noticed how much I slowed down on progress, what with this test wrapping up as well as school, I have a week off so I'm tending to all the social and real world stuff that's need to be handled. Birthday is coming up so I don't see much more work coming in (maybe a little here and there).

So, here's the next step towards finishing. Last thing would be a video. Crits are very welcome, I encourage them.
    02_ExtraAssets.jpg
    03_ExtraAssets.jpg04_ExtraAssets.jpg

I'll revisit the water, most def a first pass there. I was going to add some dirt falling off (particles) here and there. I gotta do something about the grass, just not sure what.

So far the new textures since submission have been a different set of planks and some dirt.

I have some other ideas of what to add, but not sure where, seems to only clutter it more.
  • Mr_Paris
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some small bushes to break up your grass would help i think, just some minor foliage to cover up the grass and break the silhouette a little.
  • BlvdNights
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BlvdNights polycounter lvl 8
    Gigi-Barocco-feat.-Whiskey-Pete-%E2%80%93-Damn-Girl-Original-Club-Mix-+-The-%E2%80%98S%E2%80%99-Remix-300x300.jpg

That building is looking damn tasty. I do agree tho, that base needs some grass to break it up, as well as some variation in the dirty texture would help too.
  • Butthair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Butthair polycounter lvl 11
    @ Mr_Paris: You are extremely correct, and that is a great idea.

@ BlvdNights: Thanks for the comments. Picture perplexes me. I'm not sure if you mean the dirt texture or the texture that's making things dirty.

Either way I'm messing with the shaders and pushing the dark and lights in the grass and dirt for the base. I got bush, it's in the scene. I'm thinking about adding some roots sticking out, maybe a tree trunk too somewhere. I suppose I'm trying to cram a bunch into the scene, but I kind of like that idea. I had the idea to add crops and a scarecrow, though that's something that wouldn't fit anywhere.

Anyways. Here's some bush. Other stuff is done too, but I'm tired. Bush now, other stuff later.
    05_ExtraAssets.jpg
    Finally got to use that shader technique AzzaMat showed. Thanks AzzaMat! :)