Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Some Heroes of Newerth stuff

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
Been wanting to show some of these off for a few weeks, but never got around to it. This is some of the stuff I've worked on for Heroes of Newerth over the past couple of months.

All the textures are 100% hand painted in Photoshop and the characters are all 3000-ish tris before things like capes get double-sided. All the textures are 512s downsampled from 1024.

Flat shaded:
defiler_001.jpg

In-engine:
defiler_002.jpg

Flat shaded:
flint_001.jpg

In-engine:
flint_002.jpg

Flat shaded:
scout_001.jpg

In-engine:
scout_002.jpg

Flat shaded:
zephyr_001.jpg

In-engine:
zephyr_002.jpg

Flat shaded:
pedestal.jpg

I should be able to post more stuff as the things I've been working on are released in future updates.

Replies

• Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Sweet, I know quite a few that play that game, not really my sort of game, but you have done a great job with the handpainted textures.

Maybe they should learn to wash there clothes right, seams like they don't use fabric softener :)
  • Skillmister
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skillmister polycounter lvl 11
    Really nice stuff. can you post flats?
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    You're really missing some opportunities. Why not model those big cuts in the wood? And you've got one loop in there that appears to do nothing at all. The outermost circular one. You could also reduce the amount of sides on the inner ring.

Why not remove some polies on the arms, face and loincloth of the archer, and round out the accessories a bit?

Why not optimize the Dwarfs' arms and back of the cape, and round out the rifle barrel and/or scope?
  • Stromberg90
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Stromberg90 polycounter lvl 11
    Sander:
    I might be wrong here, but the capes uses cloth sims and they need that geo to deform right.
    And the loops in the wood are chamfers so that I picks up the highlights, he might not have the budget to make all the cuts in geo.

And yeah, please post the texture flats :)