Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Roxi(Female Fantasy Character)-WIP

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
SoulfulJudge polycounter lvl 6
Lately I have been working on a character design that i thought was pretty cool. A week ago i made a post on just the face of the model. I wanted to get feedback on it alone. Now, I want to show what it looks like as a whole. I am still in process of replacing the "bad" pieces and cleaning a few areas up. Comments and feedback are always welcome and appreciated.

EDIT- Finally was able to take picture of my concept art. I never really finished it, but i knew were i wanted to go with it.
p9103428.jpg

roxainewip52.png
snapshot2a.png
snapshot3x.png

Replies

• SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    nice start but you should check anatomy details again. for a female her throat is pretty thick and it seems that she has no shoulder bones.the cloth stuff is pretty cool! but i would make sure the the body underneath is anatomically correct - or at least the proportions.
  • Stertman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    the cloth details looks nice. But the overall body doesnt feel very femenin. give her shoulders and wider hips.
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay i tried to take your advice Sterman and Simon(much appreciation for your comments), unfortunately i dont think i was able to fix the problems. I'm having a hard time find good references. :(
    Maybe some will be able to guide me in right direction where I have wrong?

Current State:
    roxaine_wip_6_3_by_soulful_judgement-d48emjk.jpg
  • SimonT
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    you could blend out the cloth to just show as your female model. "google body" is a great tool to checkout anatomy. and 3d.sk has some free samples - maybe you can find something there..
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay i give those two a try thanks
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, i think i finally fixed everything (as far I can tell). I change the pose slightly to make it easier to fix the deltoids. I had some bad topology going on there. I think i did pretty good for being in high school XD. Comments, Crits, and feedback are appreciated greatly.

Current State:
    roxainewip7.png
    roxainewip71.png
  • Lazerus Reborn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lazerus Reborn polycounter lvl 8
    Boob cleavage = high Armour class then?

Her bra looks a little too weak, might want to make it a little bigger, it also seems too far apart in the middle, though that might just be taste. Also the neck looks a tad fat and the clavicles are near non-exsistant.

Other than that looks good.
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    First thing, thanks for the feedback. I tried to make the neck to make it less bulky and i destroyed small part of clavicle that I had and still didn't fix the neck completely. Grr..
    Boob cleavage = high Armour class then?
    That wasnt the intention it was just suppose to be "Cool"& "Different" looking design.

This was kinda design I was going for slightly. I wanted have the buckle inside the middle. Ill see if can make a bit stronger looking. I do agree it looks a bit weak.

481262762.jpg
  • PaulP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PaulP polycounter lvl 9
    Nice work so far, the character is looking good from the side, back (at 45degree angle), and the legs and arms are also working well.

The top half of the body, including the face is still not quite as feminine as it could be, but creating realistic and stylised bodies takes alot of practice, and what you've done so far is definetly a step in the right direction.

What I find useful before I start sculpting a new body is to spend a few hours sketching nude bodies, and drawing close up areas where I've had problems sculpting in the past (e.g. face and shoulders). This practice has seriously improved my character modelling, maybe it could help you with your next project.

Anyway, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing this textured :)
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SCB wrote: »
    Nice work so far, the character is looking good from the side, back (at 45degree angle), and the legs and arms are also working well.

The top half of the body, including the face is still not quite as feminine as it could be, but creating realistic and stylised bodies takes alot of practice, and what you've done so far is definetly a step in the right direction.

What I find useful before I start sculpting a new body is to spend a few hours sketching nude bodies, and drawing close up areas where I've had problems sculpting in the past (e.g. face and shoulders). This practice has seriously improved my character modelling, maybe it could help you with your next project.

Anyway, keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing this textured :)

First thing i want to say is thank you :) .Saying that i am taking step in right direction is the motivation I needed. As for the nude body sketches, i think i'll do more of those more often. I try to do 20minutes of gesture a day to improve. I usually do them with basic proportions. I think ill add more details into couple of from time to time and focus on certain areas.

Anyways once again i want to say thanks for feedback everyone, I greatly appreciate your comments and suggestions. Its definitely pointing out things I didn't see before.

edit- took out all self bashing comments, didn't notice how bad they sound
  • SoulfulJudge
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Okay, after taking a few days of for a break, I decided to look at my model with some fresh eyes. I tried to fix the the weak bra, awkward cleavage, the clavicle, and make the upper region look more feminine. I think most of it turned out well (according to my eyes). But of course, I could missed have something once again. So, feedback, crits, and comments are much appreciated.

Edit- I'm not sure what colors to use for the texture. My original drawing had browns,greys,blacks, and red. It look good on paper but on actually model i dont like it. I don't want any super bright color. I kinda need some help. Any suggestions?
    -Changed the image also

Update:
    roxainewip73.png
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
    I don't know how 'sexy' you want to make her but I would bring her waist in and give her bigger hips, her midsection barely tapers so she's not very curvy yet.

Also, I think her neck is just a little tall and lacking any detail. On that picture you posted of the bra you can see the sternomastoid clearly on her neck and her clavicle is looking too smooth.

And you need some straps for her shoulder armor, the plates are just floating on her arm right now.

Keep up the good work!