Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Comicon female Wolverine

hello everybody!

Here is my entry for the comicon, a female Wolverine. I know it is a simple idea, I just want to make a beautyfull woman with claws :).

Well, I am not receiving criticism about sculpt there (GA), and I know as I am a beginner my model isn't very good but I can't see it yet :(. I hope your help to improve it, because this is my aim in this comicon.

The costume isn't done yet.

wipk.jpg

Replies

• disanski
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    disanski polycounter lvl 14
    Ohh man :) I like how this is turning out. Very nice anatomy and female forms. it does not have to be very complex as long as there is a harmony in the design, however you might want to add few more accessories. Good luck.
  • Baddcog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Rowrrr, those nails can scratch me anytime! lol.
  • Dan!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dan! polycounter lvl 6
    I think the chunky platform shoes seem a bit forced- I'm thinkin a fem-wolvie wouldnt wear those. I think you could throw a little stylization to her curves but thats me. good luck
  • Gilgamesh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gilgamesh polycounter lvl 12
    I agree with Dan!, probably something like a lace up knee high boot would suit a little more I think.
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The silhoutte of the character reads good enough, however she seems rather dull at the moment. Are there any added accessories you are giving her that are currently hidden out of view? If her suit is made out of latex, it would be nice to see the kinds of folds that material would produce. She’s physically fit, so try to give her more muscle definition. Although that should be very light and suggestive since your obviously making her feminine. I would soften her lips. Right now, they’re kind of frumpy and rugged – maybe even overdefined. Make them soft and lush, perhaps. Also, from the side profile of her face, soften her jaw line - it reads to sharp to me. Good work, just keep pushing those tools.
  • Dismembered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dismembered polycounter lvl 9
    Well I am not an anatomy expert or character expert but the one thing I noticed are her claws. They are extremely long, if they are supposed to be able to retract like Wolverines they should be dramatically shortened. As it stands now they would retract past her elbow.
  • cain3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agreed with Dismembered, but a great job so far Pinuja. Maybe show a little teeth if your going for a wolverine attack mode, just a suggestion.
  • KennyTies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This looks like a pretty good start. Have you looked at any reference of X-23 because she technically is a female wolverine.
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot guys! I made some changes that you commented (lips, jaw, muscles definition, claws, some folds). I like the boots :( . It's the whole character:

wip2w.jpg

I tried to make her a little more feminine with hair, what do you think?

More one time, thank you so much for the feedback, I really appreciate it.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    i like your original better, not sure if its the added hair or other adjustments but the new one comes off too friendly and makes me think of Halloween and not brutal bloody fights - just saying
  • imijatov
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good call from dismembered, shortening the claws looks much better. I understand what CandyStripes05's saying, however I think your new changes look great like the wrinkle detail and hair. Much more feminine. Perhaps doing simple tweaks like sharpening up the top "ear" points of the mask will make her look tougher?
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    I would say go with the original face and keep the other changes, you did something around the brow that makes it look sad rather than angry. Maybe give her a wider (but still feminine) jaw. I can't imagine a soft wolverine so make that shiz work. Other than that, I am digging the design so far.
  • JGcount
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A big part of wolverines personality is that he is quite feral. Animalistic, which comes through in his poses, personality and also his body hair. This character is nice and pretty and all, but I would give her some edge by making her hair alot more wild and chaotic. I also feel this would contrast well to the clean shapes you have going on as well as add to the silhuette.

Gj so far though
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JGcount, I guess you are right about the hair, I tried it but I do not have achived a good form, it's too hard =/. Then I will keep the current version wich works well, I guess. Thank you so much :)

I have made some changes on her face (and enlarged a bit the jaw) trying make she less friendly, and others tweaks.. Thank you guys for the feedback.

wip1009.jpg

retopo.jpg

If the retopo is good I will start the mapping.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I like it, looks very solid ot me. With an interesting pose it'll look really good :) Right now she does look "pretty" I would try to go for something more animalistic later on. :) It'll be a bit hard though if you haven't set it up from the beginning for her to have like a screaming pose or something like that. Anywhoo looks awesome so far!
  • uncle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    She's gotta get wild, man! Get her uniform more weathered... And I can see her licking her blades, ooooh yes. [/Chauvinist Pig]

(I hope my wife didn't read that.)
  • Azkur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Azkur polycounter lvl 8
    Looks great cant wait to see the finished product! keep the good work!
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pope Adam polycounter lvl 11
    i like it but if i were making it, i'd have made her with a female bodybuilder's physique simply because of context.
  • SouthpawSid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    I disagree^ Sexy sells better.
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sex might make more dollars and all but what i'm saying is like, the wolverine has very like... stocky, burly, gruff, short- thing happening. It would be a more visually interesting exercise in not only anatomy, but on a creative end, a shorter, tougher-looking female wolverine would be cool.

Not dissing your model here bro, as I said earlier I like it and it's obviously good scuplting and all, but really pulling the beast through on her would be more unique. Know what I mean or am I trippin.
  • DrunkShaman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    Well done!

Maybe I should post my entry here as well.
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys for all the comments! When I saw the comicon challenge, I decided to make a hot woman like this, I think my mistake was to chose the wolverine to do it. Concept mistake.

Well, I tried to make she a little more angry with a rough rigging

wip2109.jpg
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Lose the yellow strip in the ass crack dude, it just looks vulgar. Your texture could use some love, the specular is weak to say the least and you really need to add some AO or something to make the normals pop better, add some texture to the fabric/leather so that it doesn't look so plastic. It may help to work on 1 item of clothing at a time and get it fleshed out properly, just be careful to keep your details uniform. The focus of your model seems to be the face and on that note I like what you have, the sneer really sells the chick wolverine thing. Just try and bump up the detail in your textures, put some thaught into your specular and don't be afraid to add some color variation both in the specular and the diffuse. After all the hard work you have put in don't cheap out on the texture at the end ;)

Looking promising but far from done.
  • cain3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    agreed with xalter. the only other thing that would really sell the wolverine relation is the stance. try and get her lower like she is about to leap out at you. wolverine is always low to the ground with his knees bent. this model is coming along great, good luck!
  • Pope Adam
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I actually like the yellow ass crack :D
  • Indecom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Indecom polycounter lvl 15
    Yea that brown in the texture is looking kinda flat, more specular and some color/shading tweaks and it should be better. Really loving this idea though :)
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    Loving your progress, if i could add something would be thicker thighs to add to her appeal!
  • Pinuja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys!

Xaltar, thank you so much!

Thanks Cain3D, I tried give her a pose like this, but my rigging/skinning skills are so poor that I can't do that without she looks weird =/

wip2809.jpg
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    It's much better now than before though, right now if you feel like you can't do anything more with the posing, I'd go over to focus on the presentation and lighting setup. You can still make her feel angrier, more fierce with good lighting :)

Think about what you want her to be portrayed like, sexy and fierce? beastly? Take some time looking at photos that have the same kind of feeling you're going for.