Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Demilich's Artwork

demilich
polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
demilich polycounter lvl 8
Hello polycount. I wanted to show some work I've done this year. Mostly high poly models and low poly. The first character, Bohdan, is inpired by Clement Sauve's awesome concept work and used Dolph Lundgren, the actor as reference. The bug creature was based off of a sketch from an 3d animator, Warren Sloper. I redesigned the head. The female was originally sculpted just to use for a concept paint over, a bio mech suit. I decided to take her anatomy sculpt further. I know her boob is a bit off in curvature, but again, armor is supposed to cover her whole body. The alien sketch was based off of a concept by the awesome Paul Richards.

Thanks guys. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

1_bohdan_ao_wire.jpg
2_bohdan_normals.jpg
bohdan_1.jpg
bohdan_2.jpg
bohdan_6.jpg

mite_1.jpg
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qy0bZUZes1k/TlG6NziyZ3I/AAAAAAAAAhI /KpQwc8g0Wkw/s1600/mite_a.jpg[/IMG]
mite_b.jpg
mite_d.jpg
[IMG]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LdSBxg9Ug_o/TlG6OQYg7pI/AAAAAAAAAhg /4lln01LDtsM/s1600/mite_e.jpg[/IMG]
simona_1.jpg
sketch_1.jpg

Replies

• LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    Very nice stuff. The alien texturing looks amazing! Is it a game res model?
  • seth.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seth. polycounter lvl 14
    beautiful work on the Bohdan HP, I cant help but feel that more styalised creases in the trousers would have read better though, especially around the left arse cheek, without seeing your ref I would guess that its a case of real world stuff just not looking "right"

now get some colouring in done :)
  • demilich
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    demilich polycounter lvl 8
    Thanks LRoy, yea its the low poly in marmoset.

Seth,the pant folds are actually all from reference. i know perhaps some of the realworld folds are not ideal for animation, but my goal was to achieve real world cloth. unfortunately, yea its a case, that many people think looks incorrect, but its correct according to the ref i used.

thanks.
  • woogity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    those machetes on his back? if so i think you should scale the handles up, there is no way he could comfortably hold them with grips that small, the boots look awesome, i think the fabric folds in the pants are a bit too sharp tho.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Sweet work man, but I have to agree with woogity, the folds on the pants really jumped out as being really sharp.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    MAN! love the work but that girl.... She's Missing the female form. She has "curves" but you're forcing the curves making it not seem natural. You can't just give her a big ass and say... yea! The female form curves BECAUSE of the shapes.

EDIT: if you cover her butt from the side view you see the lack of form. She's missing her womanly charm.