Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] Ed General

Hello everyone.

My name is Ed General and over the course of this past year I've been creating game rez artwork to become more familiar with the process. The link below will take you to my gallery. Comments and suggestion are welcome.

http://www.edgeneral.com/gallery.html

thank you for your time.

Ed General

Replies

• eY3lEs5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi Ed. If you are going to use lightbox to show off your images, I suggest you make all of your images a dimension that fits on the screen. You can provide a link that is a direct download of all of your portfolio images in hi-res, zipped up, for anyone who wants to see them at higher resolution.
    You may also want to categorize or organize them by project. For ex: Apocalypse ss's all in one row, have Saya on another row, King Hippo on another, etc.
    Also include a link to your Resume.
  • megalmn2000
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    megalmn2000 polycounter lvl 13
    I would also suggest to embed the video from Youtube or Vimeo. There's no timeline on the video with Firefox 5. :S
  • Mrskullface
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    eY3lEs5 wrote: »
    Hi Ed. If you are going to use lightbox to show off your images, I suggest you make all of your images a dimension that fits on the screen.

I can tell you right now, every guy at every company I've worked with can see these images no problem. We all have/have had 1920x1080 resolutions monitors. So it's fine.
  • Korrax
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For ur reel stream it from Vimeo or YouTube. QuickTime is absolute GARBAGE just like anything else from Apple.
  • generaled
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thank you for the feedback, I appreciate it. I'll definitely stream off of Vimeo or Youtube.

ed
  • eY3lEs5
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I can tell you right now, every guy at every company I've worked with can see these images no problem. We all have/have had 1920x1080 resolutions monitors. So it's fine.

He's got a good point... I viewed your website from work with my shitty monitor running at 1280x1024.
  • Funky Bunnies
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Funky Bunnies polycounter lvl 17
    I actually feel like it might be a bit redundant having both the breakdown King Hippo and the sculpt King Hippo to begin with. I'd maybe just choose one.
    I also do sorta think your thumbnails should be grouped together by project somehow, but I know you want to show all your best images most prominently so I'm not sure how to do that, but I'd at least slide the Apocalypses next to eachother

Diggin' your work though buddy!