Home Digital Sketchbooks

Woody

woody
polycounter lvl 13
Offline / Send Message
woody polycounter lvl 13
Hey! My name is Michael Wood, which explains why my nickname is 'Woody'. I used to model and texture weapons for Counter strike source, back in the diffuse lit texture days. After a year or two hiatus where I never touched 3D, I decided to pick it up as a hobbie again! The reason I stopped for so long was because I could never get my head around the change from traditional texturing, and at the time was at college so motivation/time got in my way.

ANYWAY, decided to really get my head down and learn current-gen techniques. With the Polycount wiki as my bible and reading through posts/tips/hints from other artists, I believe I have progressed my understanding.

After various high poly and baking tests, I decided to do a 'Generic game prop' series on my blog. Starting from very basic models and progressing to more complex ones which are common in game enviroments.

Crate: Was happy with this at the time but now I see lots of room for improvment.
79522545.jpg

Barrel: I think this turned out pretty good as I tried to match it to my reference as much as possible.
81844551.jpg

Dumpster: I have just finished this, and I think this is where everything 'clicked' with normal maps/baking. 538 Polies.
dumpsterwoody.jpg

I am still learning so any crits are very welcome! Will post more in future. Thanks ;)

EDIT: Could a moderator please edit my post title and add the proper naming convention?

Replies