Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio Work - Games

Hi all I am a 3D games Modeller, been working on some portfolio work. Check out my website, feedback welcomed!
www.wix.com/pookanimation/3d

Justin Pook

Replies

• Jungsik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jungsik polycounter lvl 6
    hey dudee..can i ask why you have ps3 tag on your pictures? is it because they were for a game?...
  • HughieDM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HughieDM polycounter lvl 7
    I wouldn't use wix its flash and is very slow

Im also wondering what the deal is with the ps3 and 360 icons on some of your images

also your work is dark with those black backgrounds and some of the images come up blurry when you enlarge them
  • wasabi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Making an individual page for each asset and present them at a higher res with wires and texture flats..
    I would do it that way.
    And like all the others metioned, what's the deal with the xbox360 and ps3 logos?

I like your vaccum though..
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    read this: http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39516

restart from the ground up. This site is death. slow flash, can't save content.

Take the xbox/ps3 logos off your work. Put your contact information on it in a clean font. Brighter renders with neutral backgrounds.

include a resume.
  • toxic_h2o
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    toxic_h2o polycounter lvl 8
    the chicks boobs are lopsided.
  • David-J
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    All of the above and I suggest getting rid of Johnny Depp. When you model real people if they don't look 100% like the person don't post it.
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    OMFG!!! MY EYESS!!!
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    OMFG!!! MY EYESS!!!

That's polite!

Iron Man's helmet is too large.

Higher res screens of your work, with brighter backgrounds, as stated above.

I think that Depp bust is fine, you stated its a W.I.P, its fine to post W.I.P's in your portfolio, yours is certainly accurate enough that it won't hurt. Lower the top lids, and flatten out the mouth. Pay more attention to his mouth, you're not quite getting it right yet.

Nice assets though, you just gotta learn to present them better thats all. :)
  • Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would either retopologize your female mesh to have real edge flow or nix the wireframe presentation. You could probably reduce polies in your dumpster and you can definitely make your shotgun more efficient.

Also, this "wix" is miserable, get a real website, or at the very least use a blogsite or something that doesn't use flash period.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
    I looked at one picture and it was so slow I exited to write this comment.
  • Snowman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Your site needs alot of work.Few suggestions some already mentioned above.

-Remove the Xbox 360 and PS3 logos unless those were used in an actual production

-Your renders all have black backgrounds and some of your detail is lost in your work change it to something a little lighter but not to light and extreme as black.

-The red font you use to put your name on your work is an eye sore and hardly legible let alone thats the first thing I see when I look at your images it draws your eye in.Also you feature your name on all of them yet some are different make it all the same keep the flow of the design all together.

-Johnny Depp has to go it isn't finished yet and having "2 days in and more to go" won't matter to anyone unless it is finished.

-The website loads very slow and some of the images like the gun when clicked blows up and is blurry and very hard to see.

-The iron man video needs reworking as well.You left the statistics on screen, the spotlight thing is annoying make it brighter and show everything in plain sight.

-The female model needs work (as most have pointed out)

-Lastly some of the pictures of your work needs to be bigger.

Overall you have some decent models but the presentation is killing them also try to include some texture work in your breakdowns it would be nice to see what they look like and how much your are using.Think of your presentation show some breakdowns and think about how your putting things together or else it comes off as not caring and I am sure you do care about your work.Keep it up!