Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Portfolio] – Buddy_DoQ - Brian Mayberry

New portfolio for the upcoming 2011/2012 job hunt, would love some crits/feedback. Currently contracting in Cinematic Design, but also looking for 3D (Props or Environment) work.

http://brian.deadonque.com/

Thanks!

Replies

• BARDLER
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BARDLER polycounter lvl 12
    Just my initial thought about the website is the thumbnails make no sense. All I see is a letter and a half, part of what appears to be a 3D tube, and on the right some weird paper sketch. To me I have no idea what tab I want to click on, and the last thing you want to do is have potential employers close your website. I would put the labels on them before I even roll over them, and make the small picture preview more exciting so I have a better idea of what I am going to see after I click.
  • chrisradsby
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisradsby polycounter lvl 14
    I agree with above poster and what exactly is your specialization? Your profession? To me it seems like you're trying to be evertyhing. Take away the stuff that you don't need on your resum
  • Buddy_DoQ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @BARDLER Appreciate the feedback, fixed what I can for this morning. I'll try to make those thumbs more exciting and "unhide" them so they are always full and easier to understand at first glance.

@chrisradsby - Certainly not trying to be everything, but I can now see how it looks that way. Perhaps deleting the games section and merging it with 3D would help narrow the scope of my specializations. (3D and Machinima) Fixed the typo, thanks!