Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Portfolio-Lina

So I decided to starting posting some of my work on the forum...my first image
is a high poly asset.... my main focus is hard surface modeling and objects/props

Replies

• SgtNasty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    As far as the asset you posted goes, I can't tell what the object is, which I think could be considered a problem.

In regards to your site (not sure if you wanted a critique on it or not) read this: http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/your-portfolio-repels-jobs/ and some of the other threads on polycount relating to portfolio sites.

edit: Keep working on your texturing too. I noticed there are quite a few things on your site that are untextured, and even on the ones that are, it seems like a bit of an afterthought. Go through the polycount wiki for some awesome texturing tutorials.

Good luck, and keep posting work!
  • Alphavader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alphavader polycounter lvl 11
    sgtNasty i read your link - thank your for that.
    It might a little bit offtopic, sorry for that AriesGal1629 ,
    but iam just wondering - if you show pictures on your side what might be the better way for savings and presentation.
    to :
    1. show your images with a nice slider (but saving is sometimes difficulty)
    2. to link on the image - but you have to go backwards to the other images
    3. to integrate your images in a "bloging form" but you loose some of the resolution

Iam just a student right now and looking only for internships, but i think even then a own portfolio side might be nice.