Home Unreal Engine

Foliage placement

I want to place some random grass meshes in my environment and I have applied to it an interactive vertex shader for the wind animation which I found on the UDK forums. The problem is when painting with the foliage brush the animation acts as a whole mesh rather than individual meshes. Tried adding it by deco Layer on the terrain and it sort of works but it only places the meshes where the vertex of the terrain are and there is just a couple of them spread out. Anyone got an idea how I could place them randomly scale/spread wise without having to place them one by one and having them acting as individual with the animation rather than 1 big piece ?

Replies

• Bart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Maby i'll post ascreenshot to ilustrate it better.

I used the UDK GrassClump to check If I had something wrong setup with the animation and It was happening with it also.
    grassproblem.jpg

The whole brush stroke acts like 1 mesh. Is there any way to somehow attach the grass to the terrain underneath so it won't slide up and down like this ? Also is there a way so that the Foliage brush won't bunch them up with the brush strokes I make with them so that all of them will behave naturally.