Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Brawl captain falcon!

so i didnt get to finish the brawl contest and that was forever ago but still wanted to finish this guy. been working on him on and off slowly but surely. getting the normals baked just need to tweek them and get to painting. old thread if u wanna see how it started.
http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82338
falcon%2521.jpg

Replies

• Der Hollander
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Check your red/green channels on your normal map there. At the moment, your normal map is a mess. Also, I'm aware this crit is late getting to you, but your pistol holster is way too small. At the very least it needs to be thicker, you could maybe, maybe fit a Derringer inside that thing.
  • The_Onomatopoeia
    thanks for the crit! yeah i dunno what was going on with the normals i dont think max likes me for some reason or my comp just cant handle anything much nemore cus it keeps crashing like crazy for the smallest things. anyway beefed up the gun and tweeked the normals going so slow my job takes up so much time and energy.
    falcon%2521.jpg
  • Xaltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xaltar polycounter lvl 17
    Your normals are looking very muddy and undefined atm. I'm not sure without a pic of your sculpt if thats a fault with the HP or the normals themselves. If your sculpt is crisp and you are having trouble with baking the maps then I would suggest breaking up the model and rendering the maps in parts if your PC is having trouble with the polycount on your HP.
  • The_Onomatopoeia
    i broke up the parts when i baked them i dunno though I really dont have much free time plus im learning as i go kinda. if u click on the link in the first post it will take you to my actual brawl posting i may just need to go into ps and repaint the normals and clean them up rather than go through the trouble my comp goes through when i try to do anything hp. anyways here is a little update blocking in colors dont know if i should go in the classic blue route or with this im liking this more but ill probably try it out later. now i need to go to bed gotta get to work tomorrow. falcon%2521.jpg
  • mjackson126
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I think you might need some more color variation in your textures and definitely a nice spec map to control the "feel" of your materials. Keep it up.