Home General Discussion

ZBrush 4R2 Sneakpeek

Replies

• vargatom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Exactly. Last time we had this was a character concept sculpt, going through stuff like appending new subtools and extracting some others. In the end every subtool imported into maya with a different scale and position and there was no way to find out what happened and when...
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Pretty cool, interested to see more of those "curve" tools in action.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Oh no, I've seen it with ZB4. And it's so random too. Honestly, it works fine 90% of the time. But for like 1 out of 10 assets, the scale would totally whig out randomly. And I can never find out what caused it, or to find the steps necessary to reproduce it.

It seems like whatever it is that caused it, happened earlier on in the production of the asset, and so it wasn't noticed until much later. And at that point it's hard to figure out what happened.

it's usually related to transpose master, the plugin. for some reason it likes to rescale the mesh when you transpose.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    cool features! That crazy new shape drawing thing is odd. the fast forward makes me feel like...

*drool*

Will be cool to see a more detailed video explaining these cool new tools for the toolbox :)