Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Fan Art] Sona Bust

Hello polycount. Here's a bust I made of Sona from League of Legends in my spare time. Comments and crits welcome! I went for more of a realistic style with my piece.Screencaps using Xoliul's shader.

Sona_BeautyShot.jpg
Sona_BeautyShot2.jpg
Sona_ShotComp.jpg
Sona_ModelSheet.jpg

Replies

• IdiotDrummerGuy
    Hello! Good stuff here, and could be even better with some polish. I'm not much of a zbrush guy, but here's what I've got for you-

crit01.jpg

1. This topology is a little weird. It's understandable to put more geometry in the face of a bust for detail, but the contrast in density between her face and another piece of geometry that effects silhouette pretty heavily is no bueno. There needs to be some more edge-defining detail in the bits that define silhouette. The normal map may take care of some of that, but if you make the image black and white, it looks as if she's wearing armor instead of cloth.
    2. speaking of geometry, there's definitely some optimizing that needs to take place here. some of those verts could be welded together/collapsed; let your normal map take care of smoothing those edges
    3. 2048x2048 maps is crazy high res, albeit this is a bust. Still, I'd suggest overlapping some more objects/UV clusters (ex her hair shouldn't take up that much UV real estate). That would enable you to get some greater detail into this piece, which I think it's lacking a bit of at the moment.
    4. Not really a critique, but that looks a lot like a backwards ampersand or a treble clef XD

push and exaggerate a little more. This could definitely be an eye-catching piece!