Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First post (with some work)

Hi everybody. I'm just going to get right to it then, I have models of three different Mech suits that I'm working on. One is supposed to be light and fast, one is supposed to be heavy and slow but much more powerful, and one is supposed to be in the middle.

Light:
Light_Mech_2.jpg

Light_Mech_3.jpg

Light_Mech_4.jpg

Light_Mech_1.jpg

Heavy:
Heavy_Mech_2.jpg

Heavy_Mech_3.jpg

Heavy_Mech_4.jpg

Heavy_Mech_1.jpg

Medium:
Medium_Mech_1.jpg

Medium_Mech_3.jpg

Medium_Mech_4.jpg

Medium_Mech_2.jpg

I'm looking for any advice I can get to become better at modelling.

Replies

• kid908
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You could maybe define some shapes beyond just primitives. For example, the hips just seems to be elongated spheres on the heavy. Another advice is symmetry is boring; especially when it comes to mechanical structure. Try making each side different. It could just be different size gun or even unbalanced armour coverage. Looking at the light armoured mech, Try to not have gaps in the model. If you're using separate objects, try allowing a reasonable amount of overlap to not have the background visible through the middle of the model. Once you get a better feel and understanding of your program of choice, try to move away from just vertex pulling and bevel; look at references and define your structure better. Model simple objects, a vase here, a wheel there. when you're up to it, try a pistol. PS. REFERENCES.