Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Survivor: week 1

I recently started a personal project, figured I'd get it online to make sure it's not going in the wrong direction.

The idea is two people who survive in a zombie apocalypse and different versions of them depending on time passed. Figured I'd start with the dude at week 1. They both are going to be bank employees who survived the initial outbreak by hiding in the vault.

I'm currently working on the clothes trying to make it read more like cloth instead of wax. Some areas have had more success then others :poly122:. It's still pretty rough, but critiques are always welcome and appreciated.

protagonist_v2_03.jpg

Replies

• fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking good so far man keep it up, kind of looks like the character from walking dead
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Looks almost EXACTLY like the dude from Walking Dead. Like it's so close, you should make that a focus. I thought that's what you were going for till I read your post. If I were you, I'd put this guy on this side, and make him a special project, and make another model for this project. OR make a Walking Dead Project. :D
  • The Boss
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    That's kind of neat, considering my reference folder is full of pictures of Jon Bernthal in The Walking Dead I must have done something right. I was feeling some zombie withdrawal waiting for the next season so I started this project. Still, I'm kind of shocked the inspiration got picked up that quickly.
  • HughieDM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HughieDM polycounter lvl 7
    haha cant wait for season 2
    nice work so far cant wait for the next iteration
  • Jeremy-S
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy-S polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, man, I knew it was him at a glance. You did real good with the likeness.

I feel your zombie withdrawal! I didn't think it would happen, what with all the zombie games, and movies, and what not available. But I haven't watched or played any zombie related material in a while. I want some Walking Dead season 2. Like now. :)