Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Work In Progress] Environment Portfolio

Hey guys. I've finally decided to get my portfolio up and 100% running now after some tragic months off hard labour and silent weeping while sweeping on isle five.

I've planed on doing three environment pieces:

I also plan on fleshing out, redesigning and optimizing my portfolio. But I'll get to that in time..

At the moment I've started blocking out one of the three environments I've decided to model.
Here's the concept:
254_large.jpg

wip01.jpg

Crits regarding proportions etc are very much appreciated! I've mostly just blocked in the bigger shapes and added some blocked out details. Update coming soon.

Replies

• Gorman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The left wall appears to be leaning. Perhaps the divider is a bit too tall, especially the taller cap parts (although, that is probably just because this is blocking it out :))

It looks good apart from that!
  • Lerr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lerr polycounter lvl 10
    I like the concept. Is it yours?
    Good Luck with your folio.
  • Dismembered
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dismembered polycounter lvl 9
    I 2nd the divider being to tall. And that back, door?, seems a bit to wide. Everything else looks spot on to me.
  • Oisaca
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like it, it seems to have the potential of becoming something really nice. Keep updating frequently :)
  • NoctyQ
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the input guys! :)

I think I fixed the major proportional mistakes now and I also added some more objects:
    wip02.jpg
    Now I'll start working on making the major surface areas like floor and walls.

I've also worked some more on my portfolio for the first time in a while:
    portfolio.jpg
    There's no huge changes except that I've made everything stretch and fill the whole divs. I have a lot more in mind but I'll probably start working on it a bit more when the pieces are done.
  • Highelf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Highelf polycounter lvl 11
    Crits - I find the page to be very noisy and busy, you might want to organise it so there is more space on the screen, and make your images themselves read better (they're all very low on contrast, color toned to 1 mass) Make the objects pop more. Use consistent fonts (I see about 50000 different styles on the page) and get rid of the washed out images! Keep it clean and simple. Consider a simple front page scrolling page with large clear images, with small text-only buttons at the top. It's "boring" but it's professional and clean, easily navigatable! Hope this help :)
  • seir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I would be great to see that in modular pieces and placed all together in a game engine. But I guess it's too late :)