Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

elf fighter chick

elec²ron
polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
elec²ron polycounter lvl 12
Been working on this character on and off while on paternity leave. I do low poly web browser stuff at work so it was good to have a go at some high poly funk :)

Hopefully going to get some time to do the armour details next week.

elfrender2.jpg

Cheers,

Elec²ron

Replies

• MrHobo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrHobo polycounter lvl 13
    Nice. Im liking the face and hair especially. The proportions feel a bit odd but I'm guessing you're going for a very stylized elf. Hands feel really tiny though.
  • ultramedia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ultramedia polycounter lvl 11
    Love the head (front and back).

In the front view it looks (to me) like the lower torso and the upper torso (including head) are at two different levels of scale. I'd either thin the legs up (which will make her very waif like) or bulk the arms *slightly* (which I think would look better).

Also, if it was me, I'd lose the g-string and just put her in normal pants. Because the clothing under the g-string is wrinkled like that, it makes it look like she's just wearing her underwear on top of a pair of normal pants.
  • elec²ron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was a bit concerned that the big thigh armour was giving her a kind of pear shape, its something i might look at changing before doing any detail. Its also got a lot of empty space on it unlike most of the other armour parts, was thinking it would be ok if i filled up that space with a nice ornate design but i wouldn't want that to become the focal point.
  • StrongRum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StrongRum polycounter lvl 6
    Looking good but I would raise the waist a tad.
  • elec²ron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    elfhead02.png

Got some good feedback about her head so thought i would jump ahead and start on the texture.
  • elec²ron
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    armourrender.jpg

Started work on the armour detail, Its a bit temp just now as i'm still testing the waters with this.

Had to split up my zbrush file as i ran out of memory on my 32 bit machine, not ideal.