Home Artists Looking For Work

[Paid] Looking for character modeler for an indie sandbox FPS zombie apocalypse game

Spot has already been filled.

Replies

• Nash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    This post is outdated, PLEASE IGNORE
    Sorry for the double post, but I choose to bump this thread to attract the attention of people who might've previously read this thread, with slightly more details on what I'm looking for. Moderators, if this is undesired, I apologize, you may merge the posts (or something).

I decided to add this information because a few people were asking the same thing.

Yes, I have a list of "zombie types", consisting of various sex/age/physicality variants, I don't have sketches, but I try to describe them well enough in the list and leave it up to the artist to add whatever details they see fit.

As for the format of the art, yeah, they'd have to be animated and output as individual frames, in 8 angles. You know, like how the sprites in realy old FPS games are like (Duke 3D, Doom, Shadow Warrior, etc).

I would provide a list of animation cycles for you to render.

In terms of animation, I was thinking, like maybe all of the variants could reuse the same skeleton biped, same animations, just reskinned to different models. This should save time, right? You should be able to make one model then just tweak as you go for the different variants.

They don't have to be too detailed, because the sprites will be pre-rendered to 256-tall pixels. But I'd like them to be rendered well, meaning they should have things like shadows and AO and what-not.

For all I care, you could very well just use a Poser model or something - whatever works! My ultimate goal is to create a screen filled with TONS of different-looking zombies. Due to the low-res nature of the game, the models really don't need to uber-high-res Unreal Engine detail. :P
  • dpaynter26
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dpaynter26 polycounter lvl 11
  • Nash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The spot has been filled and I am currently not looking for anyone. Sorry.
  • Nash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I am hiring again! I am looking for a zombie modeler to model the various zombie models in the game, in low poly format (<2000 triangles, preferrably around the 1500 range).

Last artist charged me $6/hour, just for your information.

Method of payment: PayPal.

Some information on the game:

- Built on top of the GZDoom engine (hence low poly models)
    - Will be 100% free to download (hence the outdated game engine - and also, I am a sound engineer by profession and just do NOT have the time to invest in complex game development pipelines)
    - Will be single player only
    - Is more focused on role-playing and survival as opposed to common frantic zombie shooter (so no, it's nothing like Left 4 Dead)

You may reply here, PM me, or add me on Skype (nashmuhandes)

Urgently seeking artists, I have a Christmas demo release dateline. :)

Thanks for reading!
  • Iciban
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Iciban polycounter lvl 10
    hey i'm interested in this job.

Feel free to contact me at anguswu3d@gmail.com

here's my website - www.wuangus.com
  • D4V1DC
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Last artist charged me $6/hour, just for your information.
    WOW.

Best of luck, can't wait to see the game.
  • Nash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spot has already been filled. Sorry!

And thanks a lot to all of those who expressed their interest. :)