Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: TheWox

Hello,

I am somewhat new to 3d and Zbrush. This is just something that has come about after loosely following a superhero sculpt tut. There is still alot to do, I want him to be quite detailed and (should) possibly to end up looking like a rough and ready Wolverine. The original head was sweet and likeable, but i want something with more bite now. The face has gone through a couple of iterations.. and needs a lot more to look like a more traditional Wolvie. I don't think I will have his claws fully exposed in the end, just sticking out a little, as I find that the blades detract from the sculpt as a whole too much. (The weird bumps on his shoulders was me just experimenting with the inflate brush and making him look like an evil leper.. need to remove those sometime.)

Feel free to comment if you should feel inclined; I am eager learn.

musclesculpt1.jpg

musclesculpt2.jpg

Where he is now.. I felt the funny comic short leg/arm proportions had worn out their welcome. That face is now far too intense and serious to continue on with that approach. I will redo the legs and clean up the bottom half tomorrow... and redetail that whole thing. For technical reasons (I am still learning lots) I had to let go of my higher subdivisions. It's past 12 once again, argh.

musclesculpt3.jpg

Replies

• TheWox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I have started the rough beginnings of Wolvies hair. He is looking quite alot like a Jin Kazama hybrid at the moment.. not sure I mind though! I will begin making some real pants tomoz.

musclesculpt4.jpg
  • TheWox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    messiah2z.jpg
    By thewoxter at 2011-08-10

Quick sketch, still rough. I am just still finding the right forms for this to work properly and getting his face right.
    He is not an alien, but a human time traveler from some deep distant future. He would be the result of generations of genetically engineered humans to come from the only survivors to leave Earth for another star maybe a thousand years in the future. Humans have become geared towards intelligence to compete with other advanced extraterrestrial beings. He will probably get a lot more alien looking as I go along..
    Names for the piece that are resonating are things like 'Messiah', 'Man from the Rainbow Triangle', 'Time Traveler', that sort of thing. I think the concept of a human that is so far evolved as to barely be recognizable as human, is more weird and disturbing than some thing like an alien.