Home General Discussion

ArtRage for iPad $.99

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Lamont polycounter lvl 15
I like it and use it often. It's at the right price for testing on the iPad... wish I had that Asus Eee Slate.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/artrage/id391432693

Replies

• ikken
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    artrage v. 3,5 is very cool too!
    multithreaded brushes now have no lag and it's mixing colour better than prev. versions
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    what is the different between the other brush apps? I use procreate and sketch club. But I have been thinking of buying artrage. I read some comments some got problem with the laggy stuff.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    Do you use it with some kind of stylus? Is there even such a thing for the iPad? (pressure sensitive stylus)
  • blankslatejoe
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blankslatejoe polycounter lvl 19
    I feel the biggest differences with art rage are the blending and the color mixing--it does some snazzy things to mix colors in a very fluid, organic way, and the blending lets you get a very painterly feel with the brushes and palette knife. It's certainly worth the 99cents, and then some.
  • Fomori
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fomori polycounter lvl 12
    Bigjohn wrote: »
    Do you use it with some kind of stylus? Is there even such a thing for the iPad? (pressure sensitive stylus)

As far as I'm aware pressure sensitivity isn't possible on the ipad.
    There are various Stylus' (Styli?) for the ipad though - including a Wacom one. I agree that Art Rage seems to blend and create realistic painterly looks very well.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    It's not that accurate compared to a Wacom tablet. But it's convenient to be able to carry the iPad traveling and just a capacitive stylus (I guess Wacom is even making one now) or http://www.nomadbrush.com/ to paint with. Artrage on the iPad has gotten faster over the past few updates. I would like to try it on the iPad2. I imagine it's much smoother.
  • Bigjohn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bigjohn polycounter lvl 11
    It seems like a no brainer to have a painting/drawing app on the ipad. So I don't understand why they don't have a good wacom-level stylus with pressure sensitivity. Must be something Apple doesn't allow for whatever reason.
  • vofff
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vofff polycounter lvl 10
    I have Ipad2 and a wacom stylus but there are no pressure sensitivity. Apple wont allow any sensitivity yet. Not on this one.