Home General Discussion

Bonsai Dragon and resin figure production

Hello everyone. I'm new to Polycount but not new to the industry/art.
I'd like to take this time to introduce you to Bonsai Dragon. He's in preorder stages at PatchTogether.com. 50 preorders and he'll go into full production.

What is PatchTogether you ask? I think it's a site EVERYONE here should start to post at. The people there are interested in making resin figures of people's work. Post your stuff there, get votes, bring people to the site and who knows . .. you too could be looking at a REAL version of one of your 3d or 2d creations.

They clay sculpt, cast and hand paint each figure. You get chosen by a combination of voting popularity and their personal choice. I think they really really need some high end contributors. Please come by and show them some love. PS, you keep the rights to your figures and earn a small commission. But for me it's more important to actually SEE the figures and touch them than making a ton of money off this.

Here's the image to the Bonsai Dragon: http://www.patchtogether.com/store/bonsai-dragon-230.html

DEFAULT_230_4e226d25771dd.jpg

I have also won another contest and they created a figure that I designed called Vapore Macchina Insetto. Here's the image for that (and real production shots. http://www.patchtogether.com/store/Vapore-Macchina-Insetto-218.html

PRODUCTS_BLOGS_695_4dfe17538918e.jpg

If you have any questions let me know! I don't work for or represent them but I think they are just a little too under the radar and want to give them some very much deserved attention. Oh, and of course please order my stuff too :P

NOTE: If you win the contests it costs you nothing to have the figures made (they recoop the costs selling a few themselves). However if you REALLY want something made you could always pay them to have it done personally.

Come on by, I also go by Polysoup over there.

Replies

• Polysoup
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm at 50% full on preorders.
    Though besides that I'd love to get into discussions with people to help them also turn their 3d and 2d art into figures. Surely other people out there would like to see their creations break out of their PC and into real life :)