Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Section 8 gun

Hello all

Got a bit tired with my previous gun, so I thought it would be better to put it on hold for now and come back to it later. So I started the hi-poly for my next gun, the "Hammer" heavy pistol from Section 8. There's no real concept art for the gun so I used that image, especially the blueprint at the bottom, and the render for some details.

morhi.jpg

I still have some details to add, mainly on the rear and middle part, but other than that it's pretty much done.
I'll wait for your critics and start the low-poly soon.

Replies

• throttlekitty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks good, mang!
    I think the grip would be uncomfortable to use, that ridge pressing into the hand. But it is more or less like that in the concept.
  • jayoplus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good start.
    Go to Lonewolf's website and you'll find more images of it.
  • n88tr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    looks empty in the rear
    i know it's an automatic pistol but there should be SOMETHING where the hammer would be. just looks unfinished. and really wide. is the gun really that wide?
  • meshag
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    throttlekitty: you're right about the handle, would probably hurt. I'll soften it before baking.

jayoplus: I've already found Lonewolf's renders. Thanks for the link anyway.

n88tr: Yeah the gun is that wide, at least following the blueprints. I reduced the handle a bit as it was way too blocky. I agree with you about the rear, feels empty. I added a few details to make it a bit more interesting but the blueprints and renders don't show much more details so I don't really know what I could add. Plus I've never ever hold a gun in my hand so I'm not very familiar with technical issues.:)

Anyway, very small update on the rear.
    Critics are still welcome.

morhi02.jpg

Other than that I thought about adding some attachments, like a not original at all laser sight on the bottom and perhaps a scope on top.
    What do you think?