Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[PORTFOLIO] Bonnie Sin, 3D Artist

Hi my name's Bonnie Sin. I recently graduated and currently looking for a job in the video game industry. I'm looking for some critiques on my work so check it out.

http://bonniesin.daportfolio.com/

Replies

• THIRD_D4Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shots of a scifi environment i'm working on.

scifi_hall_WIP+01.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+02.jpg

Planning to add more to the environment to build it up.
  • Scizz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Scizz polycounter lvl 11
    It's lookin' pretty good. The only thing I would say is that the scratches on the walls may be a little to noticeable on the diffuse. But it is a WIP. You may have already heard this, I know I've heard it a lot; its better to have 1 or 2 completely finished projects than a bunch of WIP in your portfolio. GET THIS SHIT DONE!! :)
  • THIRD_D4Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Here's the final layout of the environment i'm working on. Still working on the textures and I've started playing with the lighting.

scifi_hall_WIP+04.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+05.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+06.jpg
  • cholden
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cholden polycounter lvl 18
    rethink your image branding / watermark. It's huge and distracting. Get some current concept art. These designs are just too dated.
  • GOBEE
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GOBEE polycounter lvl 10
    First off, you have a pretty sweet name. Instantly recognizable. So.. you got that going for ya. =)

I have to say, the lighting in your WIP needs the most help. You haven't set a mood yet. Have some areas bright, other areas dark. Also, you should probably remove it from being the first image you see on your website. It's not done yet. Devs don't really want to see WIP. Show them your best and finished assets up front. Wow them. ie. Your high poly tires or your tileable assets you created. Put those up front instead while you work on finishing the Sci-Fi hallway. And like cholden said, re-do the watermark or remove it entirely.
  • THIRD_D4Y
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for all the feedback. Here's some new shots of the scifi environment. I remade the textures and now all that's left is some pipes and decals.

scifi_hall_WIP+10.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+09.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+08.jpg

scifi_hall_WIP+07.jpg
  • low odor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    low odor polycounter lvl 17
    Definite improvment...good job!

I would lose the scratchy paint info panel on all pics...an email address should be enough.

The holo signs (sector 13..etc) look pretty bad..I think something as simple as having a number on the door would be more aesthetically pleasing.

The scene outside of the window is confusing..I see rocks ..and space debris?..the planet needs more details..star field looks blurry.

Overall the lighting seems too dark, and there are zero points of interest...
  • AlanSMitchell
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AlanSMitchell polycounter lvl 14
    Agreed think of your composition and you need some type of point of interest weather that be a forklift or some other type of interesting object.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Your logo area on the bottom left is super distracting.