Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Gryn

Hello there, I'm fairly new to 3D (3 or so months at best) and looking for feedback and guidance.

Here are some of the things I've been working on over the summer and I apologize for the subject matter mostly revolving around TF2..

female_bod_1.png
female_bod_3.png

female_bod_2.png

cathat_promo.jpg

pipetextured.png

chick_wip1.png

man_imagination.png

superbasicknife.png

yotz.png

heavypigtails.png

So yeah, I WOULD LOVE feedback, I am very eager to absorb all knowledge and continue to improve.
female_bod_1.png

Replies

• gillmeister74
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gillmeister74 polycounter lvl 7
    I really dig the cat hat and the ponytails. Whenever you are modeling/sculpting a character, try to get as much reference as you can from as many angles as you can. A good anatomical understanding is the key to good character model. Also take advantage of the polycount wiki topology section. It will definitely help you with the topology in your lady model. Be sure to remember to give each polygon its appropriate real-estate and don't be afraid to add more polygons where you need em. So yeah, check out the wiki, and keep at it.
  • Gryn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gillmeister74: Thanks for the comments, I agree that I need to work on my anatomical studies quite a bit. I admit I haven't been working from reference really, but from now on, I will force myself to set it up before starting projects. As far as poly placement goes, I am still feeling a bit 'insecure' or unsure if what I am doing is the "right way"... but I chalk that up to being inexperienced. Either way, thanks again for the feedback.

Here is a speed sculpt that I did last night, that I would like to get back to at some point.

uni2.png