Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Female Anatomy- Crits please :)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
alpha_327 polycounter lvl 9
hello, I wanted to change my pace a little so I started a full body character, I just got through sculpting some of the anatomy and would like to hear your thoughts. I plan to make a steam-punk type character with this so i plan to make some clothes later tonight. I'll post as soon as I get it done :).wip01.png

Replies

• Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    Right now she is very muscular and manly, which is fine if that is what you are going for but just perhaps a little overdone.

She also seems like she is leaning backwards because her chest and shoulders are just a little too far back. The center of the shoulders should line up with the ankles. The arms look too short and the thigh looks too long. The muscles on the arm don't look like they are sculpted right either... Her face is also on the really manly side, even women who have masculine faces have a bit of softness to them

It's coming along though just keep working on it.
  • JinVi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The best way is get photo reference,Keep it up.
  • alpha_327
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the critiques, I'm working on making the proportions feel a little better, and I am working on the face too so it feels more feminine. it still needs work but here is what I have for now.

The one on the right is the updated face. it's better but i think its still a little man-ish
    wip_02.png

here is a front side.wip_03.png
  • Mezz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mezz polycounter lvl 8
    I agree with JinVi, it's always best to keep looking at reference. Even more so, the more studies you do of the human figure, the better that will make you. If you draw at all, try drawing lots of females for a while, from reference, and you should start to notice a lot of the differences between a guy and a girl. Another thing to keep in mind is that women are always softer. Muscles and shapes that are harsh and defined in a man, should be more subtle and curved in a woman, as a general rule.

Anyway, I did a quick and dirty paintover to just show you some areas that could push the feminine look more.
    [IMG]http://www.mskinrys.com/art/wip01 copy.jpg[/IMG]
    Note that the biggest difference I made is in the torso area. Women's waists pinch in more, their backs aren't so defined and large as they move down the rib cage, and the hips are wider. I also brought in her neck curve a bit more, and smoothed down the definition in her shoulders and upper arms. I roughly tried to soften the defined muscle overall, although, depending how strong you want her to be, you may still want this defined in certain areas.

Hope this is helpful, good luck with continuing!
  • alpha_327
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks Mezz for the critique and the paintover, they are very helpful. for the most part i have only done male characters so i wanted to do this female one. last night i smoothed a lot of the muscles and worked on the face a little more, i got a lot of reference as well, I'll post again once I get to a good point. thanks again :)