Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

High poly airvent asset

Hey polycounters, I just wanted to show a high poly asset i created for a large environment scene that is being done by me and a friend. Here is both normal and wireframe version. I also wanted to ask after completing the textures what is the best way to light and render this baby out. Is marmoset any good or are there any other good ways in creating a nice looking render. Thanks guys

Lm0dj.jpg

T4D2j.jpg

Replies

• Mr.Cash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey fuzzio, your modeling looks nice, bake is also very clean.
    If I were you I would use an alpha-texture for the railings instead of modeling them out, but this is belonging to your given polybudget. Same for the logo, could be done with textures only.

If you want to present you asset in a realtime-render, marmorset would be one possibility. I dont like marmorset because its looking very similiar everytime and there is no realy need for using an additional tool. There are also a few shaders for maya out there (xoliul) which are working quite fine.

You said you´re going to build a whole scene, so the best would be to bring it directly into an engine, cos Maya (or Max...) aren´t made for presenting big scenes in realtime (lighting & performance), but this depends on what you exactely heading for, may you´ll post some refs so we can get an idea???

greetz!
  • fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you for the comment Mr.Cash, I was also thinking about using alphas for the railing but there is no poly limit so I went ahead and created them. Thanks for the name of the shader I will mostly certainly have a look at this. As I’m spending time creating the assets for the scene I also wanted to create nice looking render shots of just the props as it would be something for me to add on my folio. About the reference my friend has all the concepts regarding the scene back at his house, I will make sure to get a copy from him
  • Mr.Cash
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shader can be found HERE

:D
  • fuzzio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thank you my good friend