Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cluedo Billiards Room

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
mryogesh123 polycounter lvl 10
Hey guys just finished uni now and figured id upload my final major project up here. I chose to model the billiards room from Cluedo board game with a shutter island kind of feel to it. Although its finished work Crits are defo welcome...
76dfe1fac6798300df40c86170e9db39.jpgf5462b61a724d50a50a0095799a0be8a.jpg637a86f1cbb6213d1ace6706bd9707b8.jpgdaabec9c77855cea0f8e8c879cce34f4.jpg
47fe74ba299d0ed5edc34d8954a823e1.jpg
c6304a172ecfabf3f3298e6ab254f3f5.jpg
The environment was created in UDK. More can be seen on my website
http://yogeshpatel3d.daportfolio.com/

Replies

• HughieDM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HughieDM polycounter lvl 7
    very cool, I like the pieces your have in there
    the fog seems a bit strong, the ceiling tiles are a bit too white for the scene they seem a bit disconnected, and the lights seem a bit too yellow maby pull a bit of red into them like the lamp shades

over all great detail and cool scene keep it up
  • jmt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jmt
    Cool environment. What is the ceiling supposed to be made of? The assets look really good in the closeups.

Maybe it's partly due to my monitors, but I think that a lot of the colors in the renders look too saturated, and the blacks areas are too dark. Also, the environment fog looks out of place in such a small room. It looks like environment fog at least, but its only visible by the window. Is the room supposed to be full of cigar smoke or something?
  • brandoom
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    Did you bake any AO maps for you props? I wouldn't rely solely on UDK for shadows..
  • Rick_D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick_D polycounter lvl 12
    great definition, i'm guessing huge texture sizes? :D
  • mryogesh123
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mryogesh123 polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks guys for the advice.
    to jmt - i will look into the lighting again, having issues with trying to blend the lighting from the fire with the light from outside. The fog is meant to be cigar smoke, will try and tone it down a bit to get a better feel

to brandoom - i baked AO maps and the asstes also have a seperate lightmap channel to produce better shadows. The AO was overlayed onto the diffuse

to Rick_D - the assets are on 1024 sheets with the acceptance of the large sofa which shares it between the small sofa's as well. Will upload texture sheets if u want as well.

Thanks again guys its been a great help.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Looks really nice. Bioshock type feel to this.

The lighting feels a bit flat. I think you could push the contrast more especially in the first shot.
  • ParoXum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ParoXum polycounter lvl 9
    Looking nice, would be cool to have flats too :) Fog may be too much, unless lots of people just smoked in.

Some triangulation problems showing on the back of the sofa too, unless it's supposed to be folds.